The Fete Committee at Cannon Hill State School is currently in planning mode. I caught up with Tanya Zenoni, the CHSS Committee’s Fete Convenor, to find out what support they are seeking for the event so that Carindale Connect can get the word out to the neighbourhood to help gather community support. Events such as this are a great way for local organisations to connect directly with families.
The fete committee is looking for a sign company which is willing to donate, or heavily reduce the cost of, banners for the school to advertise the fete. The company who can assist with this can display their business name on the banner which will receive a great deal of exposure as it will be facing Wynnum Road in Cannon Hill.
CHSS is seeking monetary donations or goods for raffles. If you’re a business owner or employed at a company which may be interested in sponsoring the fete Tanya can provide you with a sponsorship letter to provide the relevant person in your business. All sponsors will be mentioned in the school’s weekly newsletter leading up to the fete, as well as on their sponsor board on Fete Day. Any business who donates generously will receive prime advertising space along their fenceline facing Wynnum Road the week before the Fete.
Some of the sponsoring businesses so far include: Carina Leagues Club, McGuires Colmslie Hotel, Goodlife Health & Fitness Morningside, J & J Vinyl Graphix, Lollipops Playland Cannon Hill, AMF Bowling, Dark Magik, KMart Cannon Hill, Brumby’s Capalaba, McDonald’s Cannon Hill and HosiKozi Clothing.
Local representatives sponsoring and supporting the event include Di Farmer MP, Kevin Rudd MP & Cr Shayne Sutton.
Contact CHSS Fete Committee
If you would like your organisation involved with the CHSS Fete, through signage, sponsorship or in some other way, contact Tanya via 3902 3333 (at the school) or email@example.com
Event details: Cannon Hill State School Fete
Saturday September 10th, 12pm-5pm
- Rides include giant chairs, rock wall, mini jeeps, cup n saucer, inflatable jurassic adventure.
- Baby animal farm.
- An AMF Bowling Lane.
- Several stalls including second hand books, second hand clothing, coloured hair spray, showbags & novelties, fairy floss, popcorn & snow cones and a plant stall.
- Carnival games, a silent auction and raffles.
- Demonstrations being performed by local organisations include CM Dance Studio, National Tae Kwon Do, GLC School Band, class performances and more.
- BBQ, sausage sizzle and a curry stall (includes vegetarian option).