Donations of manchester, towels, blankets and linen in good condition are urgently needed by the St Vincent de Paul Society throughout the southeast, to help families get through the long winter.
In June alone, 11 blankets per day were delivered to local families in need by St Vinnies, however supplies are desperately low.
Families are struggling to afford the cost of these items, even when they’re as cheap as $10 for a towel and $20 for sheets, due to the harsh impact of recent natural disasters and the general rising costs of living. Do you have spare blankets and linen in your cupboards that you rarely use? Or, maybe you can pick some up next time you’re going shopping.
Material donations can be dropped off at the Cannon Hill and Coorparoo Vinnies centres as well as in Vinnies donation bins.
Local donation bins
- St Martin’s Church/ School, Mayfield Road, Carina
- St Thomas’ Church cnr Stephen and Perth Street, Camp Hill
- St Oliver Plunkett Church Camelia Street, Cannon Hill
- St Bernard’s Church Cnr Logan and Klumpp Road, Mt Gravatt
- St Agnes’ Church Tudor Street, Mt Gravatt
- St Joachim’s Church, Yuletide St, Holland Park
For large volumes of material donations call 1300 551 894.
St Vincent de Paul Society’s first priority is to always give away items in good condition to people in need before making them available in Vinnies centres, where items sold facilitate other Society services.
Watch this video by St Vinnies – “Imagine”. It highlights how easy it is for someone to slip into poverty.
Share your thoughts in the comments section below.