Local residents recently received a letter from our local councillor indicating that they propose to rename parts of Camp Hill to Whites Hill unless enough survey responses indicating residents are against this are received.
I (and other residents) have a number of concerns about this:
– The letter is the only communication we have received and no other effort has been made to notify residents this proposal has been made and how to respond. We are concerned that a number of residents may not have even opened this mail. Additionally, no effort appears to be being made to contact owners of investment properties that are currently tenanted meaning they will have no opportunity to respond to this proposal.
– The letter includes very little detail and phone call to Adrian Schrinner’s office weren’t able to clarify the following details:
* Why is this proposal being made?
* What streets or parts of Camp Hill are affected by this proposal?
* Is our zoning affected by any renaming? (phone calls to local real estate agents indicate yes and that the renaming will have a negative effect on house prices in the affected streets)
* How many responses do they have receive in order for a change to be made and how many negative responses do they need in order to prevent the change going ahead?
– A phone call was needed to find out what timeframe residents have to respond (ie, this information wasn’t included in the letter) and only surveys returned by November 1 will be counted.
Thank you for publishing,
Leave your comments below for others to see.