A community fun day is being organised by the Whites Hill State College P&C to celebrate the saving of their school oval and local green space.
The green space includes an important squirrel glider corridor in Camp Hill and Carina.
It’s also being made available for local birds and wildlife, soccer players, dog walkers, kite flyers, model plane enthusiasts and more.
The Community Fun Day is being held on Saturday 13th September, 11am-3pm at the Whites Hill Glider Park, Cnr Samuel St & Jade St, Camp Hill.
The event will include:
- Glider Corridor planting. You can sponsor a tree for $5.
- “Sew it Again” with Textile Beat‘s Jane Milburn – tshirt upcycling workshop.
- Carindale Connect community bookshelf book swap and sale – Bring a book and swap it with any book on the stall or purchase one with proceeds going to the Whites Hill State College P&C.
- WHSC P&C BBQ
- Bulimba Creek Catchment Coordinating Committee (B4C)
- Sponsor a Glider Tree $5
- Mini markets – including Rocket Frog Stained Glass & Mosaic Studios, upcycled crafts, local art and crafters, P&C sales and more.
- Meet local author Lynne Stringer
- 12pm – Free yoga class with Jill from aumYOGA
12.30pm – Tree planting sponsored by B4C
1-2pm – The Glider Cup with the Holland Park Hawks FC (soccer)
2.30pm – Tree planting sponsored by B4C
2.45pm – Lucky tree sponsors prizes drawn. Donated by Curves Carina, Green Dean and Terri Butler MP.
You can contact the organisers of the event via email@example.com or Facebook page for the event.