Carindale Connect and B4C (Bulimba Creek Catchment Coordinating Committee) are teaming up to deliver an art show inspired by nature and sustainability on Saturday 21st February.
Both emerging and professional Brisbane artists are being invited to help raise awareness of the Sustainability Centre at Carindale and the local environment. The exciting new art exhibition is also celebrating local art and community.
We’re looking forward to showing off the creative talent that exists locally and in greater Brisbane. With very little in the Carindale region in the way of art events, but some very accomplished local artists, we think this will be quite an exciting and important step to start developing the huge potential in the area.
We’re now taking submissions and we’re welcoming artists of all levels to get involved. We will also be investigating opportunities for local businesses to sponsor and support the event – such as through lucky door prizes and the like.
The main details for interested artists are as follows.
“In Their Hands:
An art exhibition inspired by sustainability and the natural environment
The artworks are not required to represent just nature alone. They can portray the built environment and the human form too. Artists may choose to represent interaction – whether positive or negative – with the environment. The theme provides a huge range of possibilities.
- Landscapes, seascapes
- Flora and fauna
- Gardening, plants, seeds
- Growing food, permaculture
- Nature / wildlife
- Conservation, eco rehabilitation
- Sustainability, waste
Art exhibition details:
- Location: Sustainability Centre, Cnr Wright St & Old Cleveland Rd, Carindale.
- All artworks will be for sale on the night.
- 20% of funds will go to the Bulimba Creek Environment Fund. 80% will go to the artist.
- $15 fee payable by artist per artwork.
- We are welcoming paintings, drawings, sculpture, collages & photography.
- Artists can provide marketing material (upon delivery of their artwork) that will be available to guests on the night.
- Open to all ages. (There may be a separate ’15 and under’ section – TBC)
- Artists must agree to photos of their work being taken for promotional purposes.
- We reserve the right to refuse submissions if they don’t meet application guidelines and deadlines or due to availability of space.
Key dates: (note: some dates and times are subject to change)
- Tuesday 10th February 2015, 4pm: (or until full) Deadline to express your interest in exhibiting. However, we encourage you to express your interest ASAP. WE ARE AT CAPACITY AND CAN’T TAKE ON ANY MORE ARTISTS SORRY!
- Thursday 12th February 2015, 4pm: (or until exhibition is full). Deadline for submission form (work in progress still fine at this point). Payment of $15 submission fee by this date.
- From now until Monday 16th February 2015: Physical artworks to be delivered (hang-ready) to Carindale address (will be provided. NOT the Sustainability Centre) by this date. Day and time to be arranged between Carindale Connect and artist.
- Saturday 21st February 2015: Exhibition (one night only). Works will NOT be available for sale prior to the opening of the event. Collection of unsold works (by artists) and sold works (buy buyers) will be on Sunday 22nd February, between 10am-2pm.
Register your interest and receive the application form by emailing Genevieve on email@example.com.