Carindale Connect is a hyperlocal community site started in 2007 by local residents.
We aim to provide news and information about things that are happening around our streets. We want a great deal of local citizen input. If there’s an issue you want covered, a way you want to get involved in the site, or a feature you think the site should have, just let us know.
- sustainability and efficiency through community and information
- preservation of wildlife and the environment
- local products and services
- getting to know our neighbours
- showing non-residents that we’re far more than just a big shopping centre
- news and information not normally found through mainstream media
- health, happiness and safety in the region
- finding solutions to local problems
- unity, inclusiveness and diversity
- participation in and understanding of local government activities
- positive impact on local economy and employment
Policy for commenting on articles
The site is a place for constructive conversation, big issues or small, fun stuff or serious stuff.
All view points are welcome. But we will NOT publish comments that:
- are rude
- are so badly written that they are too difficult to decipher
- could cause lawyers to start sending us threatening letters on their scary lawyer letterhead
- are irrelevant to the post they are commenting on
We recommend that before you post your comment that you first take a deep breath, read over it again and check that:
- the spelling and grammar make it easy to understand for other readers (don’t leave people guessing where full-stops and commas should go
- you’re not making any personal attacks (play the ball not the person)
- the comments are something you’d be happy to say in person to your next door neighbour
- you have avoided unnecessary exclamation marks and capitalisation (no need to shout)
- your tone would not put off others from contributing
Be friendly and constructive. Remember, in many cases you’re talking to your neighbours. If you feel compelled to not follow the above, you can always set up your own ranty blog, but we’d really like to be inclusive of you.
Thank you. We really look forward to your contribution.
If you want to suggest something to be written about, but you don’t want to publish it yourself, that is fine, just email us on email@example.com and we would love to see what we can do about the issue you’d like to get on to the site.
Who runs the site?
Jewel West looks after a wide range of Carindale Connect tasks. She also runs local emarketing product VMessage. Jewel is involved in a variety of volunteering projects and has worked across real estate, finance and retail.