We provide our help with a genuine local angle. If you’re a local plumber, hairdresser, builder etc much advertising can be wasted when you’re not targeting your geographical region enough. We also provide help for small budgets. You may want 5 hours a month of assistance or one hour. You may want a banner ad on the site for 7 days or 7 months.
Advertising and promotion
- through a sponsored post on our website (can include shout-out on Facebook and Twitter). Starts at $95. Include up to 800 words and several images.
- in the Carindale Connect enewsletter. two editions for $50 (image, words and link/s).
- via banner ads – big or small. Costs and options vary.
- by providing prizes/giveaways: promote your business through your products/services we can give away in competitions. There is sometimes a minimal cost for us to promote and run the competition / giveaway etc.
- Free event listing – We list local events for free on our events page.
- We often get asked to share items on our Facebook page. We will normally do this (and state that it’s ‘advertising’) for people who advertise with us. However, if we shared everything on Facebook that people asked us to it would start looking spammy for our Facebook followers. We’re not necessarily in a position to ‘endorse’ the things people ask us to post. We often share items on Facebook that we think are important or interesting from a news/information/community aspect.
Website and social media consulting / training
Find out how to:
- use Twitter and Facebook to connect with locals.
- optimise your website so it can be more easily found in Google by people looking for your products and services in the region (search engine optimisation).
- get the most out of email/enewsletter marketing. Carindale Connect team member Jewel West manages the 7-days-a-week online helpdesk for our enewsletter and esurvey product vmessage. We also provide help with any emarketing products – assisting you to get the most of them and to understand what makes email marketing effective.
- Carindale Connect founder Genevieve Robey has been involved with internet technologies and communications all her adult life! She holds a Journalism Degree from QUT and an Internship from ABC Online. Her past website projects include being Website Administrator at Morgans Stockbroking, Website Manager at Queensland’s Chamber of Commerce and Industry and part of the Bank of Queensland’s website team for a major site project. Her focus in recent years has become very local.
Local issues – getting coverage
We provide a platform for you to get your ‘letter to the editor’ published. Although, it’s more of a letter to the community than to the editor. Have your say now.
Got a news or feature idea? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to share with us.